Click here for Myspace Layouts

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Game of ADPR

Harsh Verdhan is a pass out of Advertising and Public Relations department and belongs to 2004-05 batch. Currently, Mr. Harsh is associated with IFFCO as OSD-PR.



“If at First the Idea is NOT absurd, Then there is NO hope for it”
Albert Einstein

There is no rocket science required for doing this course. I will accept that it is one of the most sophisticated & compact programme for Advertising & Public Relations I have seen in most of the academics charts of most of the universities across the globe. It’s been 5 years now, I have completed my course and now I feel that there was nothing special which we need to prepare on for the course. Well, in my case I was preparing for CAT and unfortunately I could not make it to final list of any IIM’s but just thought of appearing for this course as I have zeal of doing something new and innovative. Someone who is very sharp observer, dreamer & with stupid ideas can make for the course. This course is well defined structure of communication. The most important aspect is that how do we connect it to our daily life, get insights and try to replicate in the strategy for our brand, product, company, person etc etc. A person who is a good reader, now day’s good web surfer and has capability to think little out of the box can go for it. I must give a thrust on the fact that you should be able to think & write.

I don’t need to go for the topics or papers covered in the course as all of you know if you have read and observed the brochure. Now, how to crack the exam? It is the million dollar question…

Read..Read…Observe…Think & Write. Keep reading about the things happening around you. The preparation involves around reading newspapers daily, watching TV, Movies, Blogs, surf internet, increase your knowledge bank. Read about latest news, crisis, brands, and personalities. Try to put your ideas on paper with appropriate examples. Read case studies from business magazines, try to use simple but expressive language. I will suggest you reference websites like www.afaqs.com, www.exchange4media.com. Read supplements of daily newspapers. Try to know about the Mass, Media & Message. Everything in Communication revolves around 3M’s only. If any problem than do reach me through Web 2.0.

All the Best.
Harsh Verdhan, OSD-PR, IFFCO
ADPR-2004-05

3 comments:

Ishy said...

Hi,
I had a look at the past exam papers and there always seems to be a topic of how to deal with women's issues through communication. Could you give an example of what a good answer would be, say for domestic violence?

Sonal Batra said...

Hi
I just want to know what all can I expect in the GD/PI round...what kind of topics should I look into???
And another thing i have been wondering is that do all candidates go in for interview after the GD or only selected ones?????????

Hardeep Siddhu said...

Hello
i am ordinary person of this extraordinary world having passion to be a visualiser. I have extremely creative and analytical mind but not good at communication and presentation. weather i am right person to be that?????
Plz help - Hardeep