Click here for Myspace Layouts

Friday, June 1, 2012

All that glitters is not gold

Avani Juneja, an English Honours graduate (result awaited) with certificate in Functional English.
A passionate aspirant for the AD-PR course this year, I yearn to glide through the toughest times and reach the zenith of excellence.
IIMC has been my biggest dream ever since I was in 10th grade and finally when I appeared for my attempt this year, I was awestruck. It wasn't something I was looking forward to as the pattern suddenly took a new turn by introducing general mathematics and analytical questions.

Glancing through the first question I literally shivered because mathematics isn't something I have been in cordial terms with after school but I soon recollected my calm and without even going through any other question I started off. Without much hurdle I completed the part and carried on further.

Next few questions demanded notes on Global Warming, Malnutrition, Sex ratio in Urban areas, Trademark, SEBI, RTI, WTO, Digital Media, Bio-diversity, judicial activism, IPL, PM on Facebook, US elections and so on. Such general issues seemed super easy and this wasn't what an ideal IIMC paper would demand.

I instantly realized that giving general answers wouldn't fetch me much and so I decided to think different and write different even if it would cost me heavy. By God's grace my mind and fingers work at a fast pace so till the time I reached the last segment, good 40 minutes were left.

Honestly, the last part was my favorite because it required analytics, application, creativity and precision. We were asked to give alternate tag lines with reasons for Kingfisher, Amazon, Big Bazaar, Philips, Nike, The Indian Express & Apple. I tried to supplement my proposed tag-lines with logical reasons and theories.

The question paper no doubt wasn't a child's play and required a lot of mental work. Though it appeared pretty easy but I would still repeat 'all that glitters is not gold'. I tried to give a fair presentation and look forward to a fortunate result.


Wishing Luck to all
Avani Juneja

No comments: