Click here for Myspace Layouts

Saturday, May 3, 2008

IIMC exam: Take it easy...

I know you all are feeling jittery as IIMC entrance exam is a few weeks to go. I did the same when I was to appear for. But I must share my experience with you, the more relaxed you are, the better are the chances for you to clear it.

I was asked to give some tips to IIMC aspirants on this blog. I must make it clear in the very beginning that I have nothing special to offer. I hate preaching!

But I would like to tell you my understanding about the field. 

First, you must understand the role of a journalist in today's "corporate" media. With my experience in the field, I say media needs such candidate who can write good English and are aware of what is happening around. The entrance test of the IIMC is very much based on this need.

So, you must be good at writing. I can't teach you this. Even my language is very poor—you must have some idea about it after reading through. But what we can do the best is to keep our sentences short and be very clear about our idea. It means while writing your answer your style should be lucid.

After writing style, it is your awareness about the world that would be a great help to you in the exam. Read newspaper if possible more than two, magazines, and of course Year Book. Events in the field of politics, international affairs, economy, culture and sports are very important. It is very difficult to know all these things but you should be very clear about those which have taken place in last three months. 

You can also go thorough any good general knowledge book.

To sum up, writing skills, GK, and current affairs are very important. There would be both short and long questions.

However, don't get worried. Best of luck for the exams but those who don't make it to this, there are better things in store for you to do.
 
All great people are not from IIMC!

I will be pleased to interact if you have further any doubt.
 
Write to me at debatingissues@gmail.com

 
 
Contributed By: Abhay Mishra

No comments: