Click here for Myspace Layouts

Monday, May 6, 2013

IIMC: Another Happy Accident ! !! !!!

Neha Dave: Before IIMC, I studied Business Management in my bachelors and English Literature (for pure pleasure); right now I work with Dalal Street Investment Journal as Digital Product Manager. Neha is Organisation Secretary of Pune Sub-Chapter of IIMC Alumni Association

As I look back the times when I was still as anxious as you guys (applicants) will be right now, I can feel semblance of smiles everywhere. What I am today is because of a series of happy accidents of which I was either too smart or stupid enough to take advantage. I thought I had a plan, a strategy but outcomes were unexpected and that’s the beauty of life.

I aspired to study English Journalism from IIMC, prepared for it by reading and gleaning one regional (Rajasthan Patrika) and one national daily (The Hindu) along with last 4-5 issues of Pratiyogita Darpan. I applied for Advertising and PR too, because it sounded like one amusing course to me. But on the name of preparations for it; I did nothing but stopped browsing through channels between the breaks and cajoled myself to watch whatever commercials came.

After I wrote the exam papers, I felt that I am sure going to top the EJ entrance and stand no chance for Ad & PR, and ironically I couldn’t even make it to EJ interview but cleared written for Ad & PR. (lol)
And so I went for the interview owing to my love for Delhi and JNU Campus (couple of friends studied their). Interview happened, they asked me trivial (I felt) questions about Rajasthan Government, Obama, Google, my past job experience and my favorite play. In the end, they asked me as to why I want to study Advertising from IIMC, I candidly replied, it was English Journalism which I wanted to do (like a Boss :B). They paused, saw each other (3 of them) and then said Thank You.

In wildest of my dreams, I didn’t expect that they’ll take me in, but they did, and I joined in (for the love of campus and Delhi).

Turns out I just had to be ready and willing to take chances, look at what life has to offer and put my heart and soul into it. All that anxiety and fear and planning didn’t help, nor did it fuel anything useful.

Therefore my advice to you all is – Be easy on your sweet self, keep your minds open, stay true to at least yourself and most importantly have fun because LIFE and WORLD are eternally doped and are never fair or logical

IIMC is not end of the life, it’s just another college.

PS - hell of a good one ;)

Cheerz !!!

4 comments:

Deepti Gahrotra said...

Oh Mrs Dave how I loved reading that! we are all glad that you decided to join for ADPR batch of 2011-12 would not have been the same without you! I love you! :)

Bullshitter said...

Deepti !!!
The experience is same honey :)
I love you too <3<3
btw, Ms. Jethwany decided that I'll join :P :P

रीतेश said...

How many happy accidents you had prior to IIMC Neha?

Bullshitter said...

Ritesh Ji, sab kuch hi accident jaisaa hi hua, ab ho gya to unko happy keh diya :P