Click here for Myspace Layouts

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Good Times Are Ahead

Prateek  Joshi | I have graduated from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication with a Post Graduate Diploma in Radio and Television Journalism, 2013-14. I am an engineer and I graduated in IT from Amity University, Noida.  I have worked for Wipro Technologies for about a year before I made a transition into the domain of Mass Communication. I am currently placed as a Trainee Account Associate at AdfactorsPR, Mumbai.  I love reading conspiracy theories; I am an avid movie fan and worship Robert De Niro and Kevin Spacey.

My heartiest congratulations to all for clearing the written test. I can truly understand how it feels as it was exactly a year ago when I was going through the Entrance Counseling portal to amass all the advice I could for the GD-PI round. I was extremely nervous and the reasons were genuine. Being an engineer, and not a good one, I was clueless as to how would I go about preparing for the interview. My traumatic (pun intended) experiences of numerous engineering entrance tests were giving me nightmares. But, trust me; this last hurdle doesn't require the aspirant to be an Einstein to clear it. JUST BE yourself, they are looking for YOU and not some wannabe!!

To clear the interview, your fundamentals should be crystal clear and by that I mean apart from knowledge of the subjects you should be absolutely sure as to why you want get into journalism. Read as much as you can and read good stuff. Do not miss reading the newspapers even for a day. And by reading, I mean READING IT and not scanning the headlines.

There will be two phases of the interview round: the evaluation and the Piece to Camera (P2C). The general evaluation round will comprise of the H.O.D or a faculty and a guest media personality who will assess you with few current affairs questions. This will be followed by the P2C wherein you will be given a random topic that is in limelight. P2C is very crucial as it can either crack jackpot or crack the pot altogether. Practice reading news items in front of mirror like a reporter does on news channels. Make yourself as fluent as you can and although one is bound to get nervous under such circumstances, do not reflect the nervousness in your presentation. 

That’s it!!

Ummm, what else??.........

ENJOY your preparation! Yes, I am being absolutely literal. IIMC is an experience of a lifetime. For me it started the very moment I commenced with my preparation and the inebriation hasn't worn off – it never will.

As for the interview, you are almost there so don’t take your selection for granted and go for it full throttle, no half measures. Remember, once you get through this minor remaining impediment, 10 “jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising” months are waiting for you!!


ALL THE BEST fellas!!

No comments: